2016 – 2017
Call for Proposals
The Association for Multicultural Science Education (AMSE) is seeking proposals for the 2016 – 2017 NSTA conferences in science education. One of the primary benefits of membership in AMSE is the opportunity to represent the association as a presenter within these national venues.
Sessions must focus on best practices addressing diversity and equity focused on the seven student groups identified in Appendix D of the Next Generation Science Standards:
- Economically disadvantaged students,
- Students from major racial and ethnic groups,
- Students with disabilities,
- Students with limited English proficiency,
- Students in alternative education programs, and
- Gifted and talented students.
|Minneapolis: Oct. 27–29, 2016|
|Portland: Nov. 10–12, 2016|
|Columbus: Dec. 1–3, 2016|
|Los Angeles (National): Mar. 30–Apr. 2, 2017|
Please submit all proposals for review by Friday, May 6, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Conference date(s)
- 250 – word abstract
Probability of selection is based upon the number of submissions received. Approved presenters will be notified by Monday, May 9, 2016.